Rental Policies and Procedures
The following policies have been established for all applicants for a property managed by Century 21 Professional Realty. Please read the following polices. If you feel you meet the guidelines for qualifying, we encourage you to submit an application.
Century 21 Professional Realty adheres strictly to all requirements of the Fair Housing laws. We do not discriminate against any applicant for any reasons of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, familial status or sexual orientation.
Each adult (18 years or older) expecting to reside at the home must fill out a rental application and show a valid government issued photo ID or proof of legal residence status with a visa. Inaccurate, incomplete, or falsified information will be grounds for denial and may be grounds for breach of any lease you may sign. Applications must be accompanied by a processing fee of to be considered.
There will be a $50.00 application fee for each applicant. Without this fee, your application is considered incomplete and will not be processed. You may pay the application fee by PayPal link following this application, check, money order or cashier’s check.
Make checks payable to:
Century 21 Professional Realty
2740 Windguard Circle
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
These fees are NON REFUNDABLE, even if your application is not approved.
A credit report will be pulled, foreclosures and discharged bankruptcies 7 years old or older will be ignored, medical and student debt will be ignored. Open bankruptcies will result in a denial. If an applicant’s credit report shows past due negative accounts greater than 25% of all accounts, the application may be denied or an additional deposit may be required. If the applicant has no established credit history, a qualified guarantor/cosigner will be required and/or applicant must pay an additional deposit.
Criminal Background requirements
A nationwide criminal background and sex offender database search will be completed on all applicants. Any applicant with the following will be denied:
- a felony conviction (some cases may be reviewed to comply with HUD requirements)
- more than 2 misdemeanor crimes
- one misdemeanor conviction related to a crime against children
- one misdemeanor conviction related to a violent crime against a person or property
- one misdemeanor conviction related to sex, weapons, explosives, alcohol or drug
Applicants must have gross monthly income equal to or greater than three times the monthly rental rate OR liquid assets (savings, mutual funds, short-term certificates of deposit, etc.) that are equivalent to at least 3 times the total lease value. Income will be verified by one or more of the following methods are required by management:
- two of the most recent pay stubs for each applicant
- an offer letter from your new employer on company letterhead
- a copy of previous year’s tax return and/or a copy of your W-2 if self employed
- an official letter providing social security, retirement, child support, alimony or disability income if applicable
- an original court ordered document reflecting payments of child support or alimony
- proof of pension fund payments, 401k or other investment fund accounts if applicable
- employment verification
- unverifiable income will NOT be considered.
Rental History Requirements
We will verify at least 2 years of acceptable rental history for each applicant. If your rental history discloses an eviction or skip in the last 7 years or any unfulfilled rental agreements for which you have not made full restitution, your application will be denied unless you provide verifiable evidence from the prior landlord that all balances have been paid in full in which case your application may be approved with conditions as described below.
The occupancy standard is 2 persons per bedroom and one additional person.
Accept With Conditions (Requires Property Manager review/approval)
An application may be approved with conditions if it is found that the income, credit or rental history requirements are not met. Applicants recommended as ‘Accepted with Conditions’ may be required to pay additional security deposit up to a maximum of two times the monthly rental amount.
May be used for applicants who have inadequate income/salary or rental history. Cosigners must fill out a rental application that must be processed and evaluated based on the Rental Occupancy Standards, must have annual gross income equal to or greater than 4 times the annual gross rental rate. We do not accept cosigners/guarantors or payment of lease in full in lieu of fulfilling criminal history criteria or credit history criteria.
Aggressive dog breeds are not approved for any of our rental properties. Please contact us for current list. Photos of all pets are required before application approval. Service animals are not considered pets and are always welcomed.
Approval and Move-In Conditions
Century 21 Professional Realty will continue to advertise and consider all other applications for the subject property until the following has been provided:
- Application(s) have been paid for, completely verified and approved.
- All Applicants have provided two (2) forms of Photo I.D and a copy of their Social Security Card(s) or T.I.N. Card(s).
- Security Deposit/Binder has been received.
- A rental agreement has been signed.